[UK-CONTEST] UBNs - ARRL DX CW

Tony (GW8ASD) gw8asd at ses-audio.co.uk
Wed Jun 27 16:44:24 PDT 2012

Pious!
Who ? Me?

The only ones trying to influence people are those who try to force 59(9) as
the report of choice.

The two ends of the spectrum - 4 "QSOs" a minute  - or a limited number of
QSOs where complete sets of information are sent - are different concepts.

Non contesters can sort of grasp the concept when there are "real reports"
but can often be vociferous in their condemnation of what they see as a
pointless event that keeps them off the radio, when it's a string of 59 -
please repeat, for hours on end.

I only stumbled across this thread by accident anyway .
Just as Roger/G3SXW deletes unread all postings which have a VHF title, I
usually do with anything referring to HF.
It was just the inference that VHF contest reports should be pulled in line
with the HF "standard" that caught my attention.

It's comments like " If you're always going to send 599, use the RST command
once.  This makes data entry much faster - it is a contest, after all :-)  "
- related to a 6M contest - which attempt to transfer HF thinking to VHF.

I've given what I see as meaningful reports in contests, as well as normal
QSOs, for over 45 years so, I suppose, I'm stuck in my ways now!

Cheers

Tony

GW8ASD
6M, and up, from IO83lb.