[UK-CONTEST] NFD

David g3yyd at btinternet.com
Thu Mar 22 06:14:19 PDT 2012

VARC encourages our I and F licensees to contest with our club so you would
not know who is on the rig A, I or F. We are in the process of ramping up
this program so that even more I and F time will be hidden behind the club's
A licence call - supervised by an A licensee.

By the way CW NFD is hopeless for this program. I personally think we should
look at a revamp of all the field days CW, SSB and VHF rather than continue
to live in the 1950s. We should look at ARRL field day rules. Our rules try
and level down everyone to the lowest level rather than assist in the
pursuit of excellence. Also I like the idea of the ARRL GOTCHA.

ARRL Field day rules:
http://www.arrl.org/files/file/Field-Day/2012/2012-FD-Rules.pdf

73 David