[VHFcontesting] 432 activity

Dave N6NZ n6nz at n6nz.net
Tue Dec 11 16:25:07 EST 2001

In my experience rovering in northern Cal (fairly intense for 4 years in
June, then nothing after the baby was born in May 2 1/2 years ago, funny
thing that... anyway), I've only met 1 guy who was only on 432 and up. I
usually carried 50/144/222/432/1.2G.  That said, a lot of guys have 432,
and are happy to move when asked, but not enough people "advertise" their
band capability.  For me, 432 was always the #3 "money" band. #1 and #2
being 50/144 in some order depending on whether 6M opened nicely or not.

73, Dave N6NZ