[VHFcontesting] CW for QRP station?

Dan Evans n9rla at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 2 22:42:00 EDT 2001

QRP in the ARRL VHF contests falls under the Single Op Portable category.
They allow the full 10 watts.  Here is an excerpt for the VHF Rules:

2.2. Single Operator Portable:

2.2.1. Ten (10) W PEP output or less.

2.2.2. Portable power source.

2.2.3. Portable equipment and antennas.

2.2.4. Single Operator Portable stations must operate from a location other
than a permanent station location.

2.2.5. Single Operator Portable stations may not change locations during the
contest period outside of the original 500-meter diameter permitted circle.

You can find more info at:
http://www.arrl.org/contests/announcements/rules-vhf.html

This is a category that is growing in popularity, but is still pretty open.
I've considered entering this myself a few times, by just submitting the
score from my best grid, and the rest as a 'check log'.

Have fun

Dan Evans N9RLA
Scottsburg, IN 47170
{EM78}
IN-Ham list administrator
QRP-l #1269
1/2 of the N9RLA /R no budget Rover Team
Check out the Rover Resource Page at:
http://www.qsl.net/n9rla