[VHFcontesting] Sept Contest and WSJT, Etc

Tim Marek timm at cccomm.net
Sun Sep 2 16:13:52 EDT 2001

Hi Folks,

As long as the contact can take place in a reasonable amount of time, say
the time a normal voice MS sked or a CW EME sked takes to complete, then I
have no issue with HSMS, HSJT, or any digital modes. When it is "TIME
AVERAGED" over Hours, Days or Weeks to make a Single QSO, That is when I
have a problem with it.

My Multi-Op partner, Dave - W7KK, Has been using HSMS for the past several
years to snag a extra mult here or there during the dead times during the
middle of the night. We have always looked to the rising moon for a few more
mults and generally work one or two stations there. Our 2M station is rather
large, 2 x 18XXX yagis at 40/50 ft fed with a Commander KW amp driven by a
FT-847. All of his skeds are an hour or less in duration. Our goal has
always been to do whatever is nessesary to increase our Q's and Mult's
within the rules of the contest. To date the league has had no issue with
our entries and I dont forsee any.

My 2 cents worth...

73s from DM09ol de Tim - K7XC/Rover... sk
SEPT 2001 - K7XC/R - CN90 to CM95 ---OR--- CM95 to CN90 - ABCDE