[VHFcontesting] Bookshelves

James Hayes hazy119 at westelcom.com
Fri Aug 23 22:06:30 EDT 2002

Hi Don and all on the reflectors!
 Well just my 2 cents worth but my first VHF handbook was RSGB's VHF/UHF
Handbook. Was very informative in a complete easy to follow text. I would
recommend it to anyone looking to break into the world of VHF/UHF and follow
up with the second in the series VHF DX Book. Both worth the few dollars'
education they offer. And they both got me started over a year ago.
Funny thing, is I just picked it up off the shelf day before last and have
started to re-read it for the 5th time. And still having a blast reading it.
Kind of wished that the ARRL had some texts other than the UHF/Microwave
books they offer. I mean one has to start somewhere and not just jump into
UHF/Microwave. (which is where most of us VHF'ers head eventually!) Also
lets you know where American hams have their roots (HF) unlike our EU
counterparts who have excelled in VHF/UHF communications.
We need more of the old ELMERS like N2LIV, W1AIM, K1LPS, K1WHS (to name a
few) and a few others to get together and write a companion text. Anyway
just my 2 cents worth.

Jim, N2YEV
FN34gs, Plattsburgh, NY
SixClub #1663, SMIRK # 6480