Fw: [VHFcontesting] RE: VHF Contesting

John Geiger johngeig at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 6 10:01:18 EST 2002

I could see how this could change sometime in the
future, with different digital coding of things.
Supposed there was a DXpedition to some very rare
location, like the Laccadive islands.  Maybe HAL
communications would finance the entire operation with
the understanding that the operations would only use
CLOVER mode (a digital mode that only runs on HAL
products).  Think of all the DXers who would run out
and buy HAL modems so they could get this contact.

It may seem a bit far fetched.  But think if Yaesu,
Kenwood, or Icom could do the same.  It might be some
sort of digitally encoded signal that would only allow
a contact between two radios by the same manufacturer.
 It would definitely increase sales for the company
that was bankrolling the dxpedition, and piss off the
rest of us who didn't own that brand of radio.

73s John NE0P