[VHFcontesting] CW activity in Jan VHF Test

jon jones n0jk at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 23 22:12:29 EST 2002

I operated this contest from home... to cold and windy for a portable this
time. My home station is a IC-706MII and dipole antenna in the attic.

Despite my modest station I completed about a dozen backscatter CW QSOs on
6M Sunday morning. Heard good activity between 50.085 and 50.099. Best
"backscatter" DX was NN4X in FL. I also made several "cross-mode" CW/SSB
backscatter QSOs.

Only "direct F2" QSOs were a very loud VO1NE and OX3OX on Sunday.

de N0JK em17 KS