[VHFcontesting] The KLEZ virus and contesters

Kenneth E. Harker kharker at cs.utexas.edu
Fri May 3 12:54:39 EDT 2002

    Am I the only person annoyed that this list has become a discussion
forum for Microsoft Windows software problems, and not a discussion
about VHF/UHF radio contesting?

    This thread is way outside the scope of the reflector's intended
discussion forum.  I'm sure there are many other places you can go to discuss
Windows computer virii.

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 09:40:00AM -0700, Jeff Burchell wrote:

> > Everyone should be running a virus protection program on their computers.
>
> ...especially if they run Outlook or Outlook Express.
>
> And here's one that's _FREE_, doesn't require you to install anything, and
> is always kept up to date with the newest Virus definitions.  You can run
> it in the background while you do other things...
>
> If it has been more than a week since you scanned for Virii, or more than
> a month since you remember updating your anti-virus software, then you
> really owe it to yourself (and the rest of us, too) to scan your system,
> just to make sure.
>
> Just go to this URL, and follow the directions:
>
> http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker at cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences      VP, Central Texas DX & Contest Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops