[VHFcontesting] Pre-contest skeds

w2fca at cs.com w2fca at cs.com
Wed May 22 14:36:04 EDT 2002

Tree N6TR <tree at kkn.net> wrote:

>> True, but one thing you don't have too much of on VHF is the
>> big time spotting on the clusters that you have on HF. Sorta
>> like the contest where ZF2MM was posted a hundred times or so.
>> That would seem to border on non-ham means during a contest.
>
>Totally agree Frank.  However, I would like to point out that
>using cluster information puts you in a different category in
>HF contests.  Using skeds on VHF doesn't.
>
>Tree

True, but it doesn't put in in a different category on HF if a zillion of my friends spot me, only if I look at who else is being spotted. If I have a run going and am so busy because others have spotted me that I don't need to check other spots I have the best of both worlds. I get the benefits of spotting without the category cost.

Frank
W2FCA