[VHFcontesting] Adding another band

John Geiger johngeig at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 2 12:09:23 EDT 2002

I am interested in receiving comments on the following
for my own interest, as well as for a possible VHF
club newsletter item.

If you were currently active on the "Big 3" VHF/UHF
bands (6, 2, 70cm) running 100 watts on each band with
moderate sized antennas-13 elements on 2 and 16
elements on 432, what band would you add next:

1. If you were limited to $500-$600 for equipment and
antennas
2. If money and space were no object.

Or, would you be better off using the money to improve
your existing setup and just staying on 6, 2 and 432?

73s John NE0P