[VHFcontesting] Adding another band

Jon Platt jon.platt at gte.net
Wed Oct 2 18:19:11 EDT 2002

Add 222, its an awesome band, perhaps our premier VHF band (propagation
wise).   You can work aurora and meteor scatter modes.   Can't do that on
1296.   You can build good performing antennas (if you so choose to help
save $$) as antenna dimensions are not overly critical .... its like 2m,
only better.   If your IF rig is capable, you can also work (should I say it
?) 223.5 FM.   In the Twin Cities, we have more 223 FM activity than we do
1296 FM activity.

After that, add 1296.   Hope to work you on 222 soon !!

73, Jon
W0ZQ