[VHFcontesting] Microwave_Activity_Days

Bill Seabreeze w3iy at fcc.net
Tue Oct 29 06:59:00 EST 2002

Yo,
Don't forget that this Saturday is November Activity Days.
W3IY & ON1CFX will be roving some hills in the FM08/
FM19 region for all the pileups on the bands thru 24/47 GHz.
We'll be sniffing around 144.260/200 for skeds, beginning
around 0800.

I want to express my appreciation to all the guys who worked
so hard to Make the Microwave Update/NEWS conferences
so successful.  It was a great program, and the flea market was
the best I have ever been to.  It was great to have eyeball QSOs
with so many microwave guys.  Thanks!

Also want to thank Jeff K1TEO for an outstanding talk on our
activity shortage, and possible solutions.  We still have much work
to do, if we are to save our hobby from oblivion.  Please stay active,
and try to bring us some new VHF & above operators.  We can't
just sit back, and hope that some contest/awards rule changes will
do the work for us.  This is a grass-roots thing, and all of us must
participate.  VHF & microwaves are really fun, and we need to
SPREAD THE WORD about the fun we have here.  Your
enthusiasm can be very contagious! MAKE SOME NOISE!
(both on and off the airwaves).  Keep the flame burning.
Strike a blow for amateur microwave civilization!

73,
Bill W3IY/R