[VHFcontesting] K1WHS Contest Plans

DAVID C. OLEAN k1whs at worldpath.net
Mon Sep 9 14:59:45 EDT 2002

Hi fellow contesters,
    K1WHS in FN43MJ  Maine, will be beating the bushes for contacts in
the Sept contest. There will be 7 or 8 operators on all the bands from
50 thru 24 GHz. (UNLIMITED MULTI) We are looking for contacts on all
bands. If you want to try a sked late at night or ? please contact Paul
Drexler, W2PED for info.pdrexler at hotmail.com    The generator will run
all night!  We even cancelled the Ding A Ling breakfast run on Sunday
morning! Even BA1LY the new beagle pup mascot is learning CW to help
out.
    We have spent most of the summer upgrading the bands above 432 and
now have microwave antennas much higher off the ground. (120 to 135 ft)
In addition, the 144 station has a new tower with a 30' quad yagi array
at 135 ft off the ground and about 1000 ft asl.  We are running 1.5KW on
50, 144, and 222, 1000 w on 432, 250 watts 4X 33el on 903, 150 watts 4 x
45 el on 1296, 40 watts 4 x 76 el on 2304, 30 watts 1 x 112 el on 3456,
45 watts 36" dishon 5.7 GHz, 20 watts 36" dish on 10 GHz, and 2.5 watts
18" dish on 24 GHz. No environmental impact statement has been filed
with the government, so keep it under your hat!  Good Luck in the
contest.

73
Dave K1WHS

multipart/alternative