[VHFcontesting] Contest results in QST

Mike Hasselbeck mph at swcp.com
Thu Apr 10 12:35:38 EDT 2003

I expressed the following opinion last fall on this reflector but received
no follow-up comments.  At the risk of being repetitive, here it is again:

ARRL does not "own" the January, June, and September VHF contests.  With
the elimination of score publishing in QST, it appears all they provide is
a staff to process logs and a website where those results are eventually
made available.  With the proliferation of electronic submissions, even
this part of the operation is becoming more automated.  If ARRL elects not
to publish scores in their widely distributed magazine, it's not clear
what they have to offer the VHF contester that isn't readily available in
other venues.

I propose that CQ-VHF should "inherit" these contests. The transition
would be seamless --- same days, same operating times, same rules.  The
only difference is that logs are sent to CQ-VHF where they get published.

Mike WB2FKO