[VHFcontesting] Contest results in QST

John Geiger johngeig at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 10 12:36:08 EDT 2003

Hi Mike, and others

No, the ARRL doesn't own the contest, but they do
sponsor it, make the rules, and award certificates,
along with a write up of the contest results in QST.
True, we could all send our logs to CQ also, and have
2 contest robots to deal with instead of one, but it
would still be an ARRL contest with the line scores
appearing in QST.  I guess CQ could sponser their own
VHF contest to run concurrently with the ARRL
contests, but that would probably get confusing fairly
quickly.  SOme would send logs to CQ but not ARRL, but
most would probably send logs to ARRL but not CQ.

73s John NE0P