[VHFcontesting] No Data+only annecdotal speculation=wrong solution

John Geiger johngeig at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 10 11:46:58 EDT 2003

> 3.  Ok, I don't want to make this into the next
> code/no-code debate, but I
> really wish QST would re-think the removal of line
> scores.  It sends the
> wrong message.

I have always thought this.  I was against them
removing the line scores from QST-and guess what, the
ARRL didn't listen to me.  For people new to radio,
seeing your call and score in a national publication
is really a thrill.  Also, it tells you what activity
is like in your area.  You can open up the contest
scores page, and look at the letters next to the
scores to see how much activity there is on 70cm,
23cm, etc.  I have used this method to decide which
band to get on next, and which band to improve, etc.

I for the life of me cannt see that QST has become
better since removing the line scores.  What is the
extra space being used for?

\73s John NE0P