[VHFcontesting] No Data+only annecdotal speculation=wrong solution

Ed Kucharski k3dne at adelphia.net
Fri Apr 11 16:59:57 EDT 2003

At 12:32 PM 4/11/2003 -0700, John Geiger wrote:
>SO why not base it distance between grid squares.
>
>Your own grid-1 point
>Grids touching your own-2 points
>Next circle of grids beyond adjacent-3 points
>
>etc.
>
>Of course something would have the be developed
>differently for 6 meters, or you could win the entire
>contest by only playing on 6 with a good Es opening.
>
>73s John NE0P

John,
Exactly.  I had proposed (about 2 or 3 years ago) a distance scoring scheme
that stopped at 3 or 4 points (I can't remember which now) I think it was
at 4 points.  All qso's that were at the 4 point grid circle and beyond be
worth 4 points max.  It was a variation of the W3ZZ March 2000 CQ Contest
article.  I never thought this would play well in June due to 6m e-skip
potential and basically make the contest a 6m contest but for September I
think it would play very well.
73,
Ed K3DNE