[VHFcontesting] More insights - Log Submittals

Tree tree at kkn.net
Wed Apr 16 13:44:36 EDT 2003

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 09:17:00AM -0400, Hoffman, Mark wrote:

> If it's been done, I've not seen it. Writeups provide numbers of logs. Those
> numbers are obviously falling by the wayside. Wayne (N7NG) or Dan (N1ND) -
> if you are reading this - could it be done? I'd like to see numbers like
> this. It'd easily represent whether we're losing people that just aren't
> playing vs. those playing and not submitting.

I know for a fact that N7NG and N1ND have looked at numbers of participants
for the SS and DX contests, because they asked me to supply them.  I also
believe they are now getting numbers like that for the VHF contests.  The
problem with them is that they don't have much history with these numbers
to make comparisons with - where they do for the logs received number.

I would agree that participation is probably the more important metric to
measure.

And perhaps something like an estimate of the total number of actual QSOs
made is more important than the number of stations who got on.

Tree N6TR
tree at kkn.net