[VHFcontesting] Is this a QSO?

Tom Carney tomc7 at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 21 11:55:38 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "John K9IJ" <k9ij at vx5.com>

> I don't think so.
>
> It violates rule 4c
>
> c) No contacts through active repeaters are permitted, except for
Satellite
> Awards.
>
> The Handset Base (on each end) with the phone line between them act as a
> repeater,
> in this case.

However this seems like an interesting idea to pick up a multiplier of so
during a contest.  How about we somehow interface a mike and speaker (or
even a telephone) to the base unit.  If we could then make a contact between
the handset and base unit seems like it would be valid.  I seem to remember
however there is a distance limit for contest QSOs (a mile)?  Would likely
require line of site to make the contact.

73  Tom KE6FI/r