[VHFcontesting] Re: Cabrillo and handwritten logs

Victor Frank frank at horizon.sri.com
Tue Apr 22 21:05:14 EDT 2003

Here's what gets me:

5.4.Handwritten logs that have been transcribed into a word processor,
database,
or logging program after the contest are considered electronic logs.
The electronic log file in Cabrillo file format for these logs must be
submitted.

My station logs are handwritten.  As I can type roughly ten times
faster (and with much less pain) than I can print by hand,
I had in the past used a word processor to prepare the logs to submit.
But now the ARRL says no, and the details of preparing a Cabrillo
file with a word processor are not generally available.
Result,  I have submitted no logs and have reduced my
contest activity to a minimum since then.
(Still get on the SMIRK contest, tho!)