[VHFcontesting] Re: Cabrillo and handwritten logs

George Fremin III geoiii at kkn.net
Tue Apr 22 23:11:55 EDT 2003

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 08:05:14PM -0700, Victor Frank wrote:
> Here's what gets me:
>
> 5.4.Handwritten logs that have been transcribed into a word processor,
> database,
> or logging program after the contest are considered electronic logs.
> The electronic log file in Cabrillo file format for these logs must be
> submitted.
>
> My station logs are handwritten.  As I can type roughly ten times
> faster (and with much less pain) than I can print by hand,
> I had in the past used a word processor to prepare the logs to submit.
> But now the ARRL says no, and the details of preparing a Cabrillo
> file with a word processor are not generally available.

This is not true.
The details for preparing a Cabrillo log are here:

http://www.arrl.org/contests/fileform.html

Or more directly here:

http://www.kkn.net/~trey/cabrillo/

Here is what you would need to make a VHF log look like with your
word processor.

http://www.kkn.net/~trey/cabrillo/arrl-vhf.txt

One of the great things about Cabrillo is that the files
can be created with a simple text editor or word processor.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii at kkn.net
http://www.kkn.net/~k5tr