[VHFcontesting] Re: ARRL VHF Contest

John Geiger johngeig at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 23 13:00:10 EDT 2003

I disagree about the ARRL only caring about HF.  The
League loves 2 meter FM, packet, APRS, and echolink
more than anything else.  If we could find a way to
incorportate echolink into the VHF contest, the league
would be all behind it.  Or maybe we should have every
VHF contest involve a contact between the space
station and a few elementary schools.  Or maybe we
should all go roving in Semis that have QST or HAM
written on the back.  These are the things that seem
to get attention in QST.  Along a related line, there
was actually an intelligent question this month in the
"Doctor is in"column.  THe one about converting DBm to
watts.  Of course they had to also find a way to
incorporate plans for a 2 meter FM ground plane in to
a question that didn't even call for one.

73s John NE0P