[VHFcontesting] VHF Contest Cert. - Suitable for filing

Tim Coad timcoad at excite.com
Sat Apr 26 11:56:29 EDT 2003

Just got a certificate in the mail for the June 2002 VHF contest. It's been a few years since I have received one. Unlike the others I have framed on my wall, this one is suitable for filing, not framing...

1. Printed on white computer paper

2. Dominated by a BW photo of an EME dish.  This for a contest that, if dominated by anything, might be 6 meters sporatic E. The ratio of terrestrial contacts to EME contacts made in this contest is probably about a 1000 to 1. A giant EME dish pointing up, is not what this particular VHF contest is all about.

3. Overall plain appearance.

But, on the bright side, it is not nearly as ugly as the new QRP DXCC award.

Tim - NU6S