[VHFcontesting] VHF Contest Rules Revisions - Part III

John Geiger johngeig at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 30 14:14:06 EDT 2003

> I wonder if, in the VHF contests, how things would
> look if we eliminate
> unique band-mode QSOs?  For instance, if WW1WWW/R
> makes one and only one
> 902 MHz QSO with NN1NNN, that QSO is removed from
> both stations' logs.

THis idea has always bothered me, whether it is in a
VHF or HF contest.  How can you say that this is not a
valid contact?  If both callsigns were exchanged, and
reports given and received, how can it be considered
an invalid QSO.  How about eliminating those QSOs
where all information is not exchanged-where the DX
station signs once every 10 QSOs or so, and everybody
gets his call from the DX cluster?

I fail to see in the contest rules where any station
must provide an equal chance to work all other
stations in the contest.  SUppose I can only get on
from 3-5 am due to work obligations.  Am I still a
legal station since those contesters who like to go to
bed at 1 and wake up at 5:30 have no shot at working
me?

73s JOhn NE0P