[VHFcontesting] Re: [Rover] Stupid Categories [was:Are you ready forthe January SS??]

Ev Tupis (W2EV) w2ev at arrl.net
Sat Dec 13 19:04:41 EST 2003

> This is not about restricting the number of bands you use. Just restricting
> the number of bands you _submit_ in your contest log.

When UPS took 220-222 MHz, they cited ARRL contest summaries as proof of the
overall lack of use of the frequencies.  When I decide what bands to add to my
station, I use ARRL contest summaries to decide where I'll get the most bang for
the buck.

The ARRL recently asked us what it would take to increase log submittals.

Again...for the life of me, I wonder why the Limited Multi-Operator category
encourages us to limit the number of bands-submitted.  It seems to work in
opposition to everything else that we hold important to our future.

Ev Tupis, W2EV
--
PropNET: If the band is open and no one is TXing, does anyone hear it?
HamIM  : Messaging the all-ham way, find Rovers as they go to play.