[VHFcontesting] A suggestion for ERP-based Entry Classes

Ev Tupis (W2EV) w2ev at arrl.net
Sun Dec 14 23:09:40 EST 2003

Jimk8mr at aol.com wrote:
> Not withstanding the other things that annoy you about the scoring,
> an ERP based categorizing system is better for our future.
>
> Am I missing something, but is not HAAT (Height Above Average Terrain) a much
> greater factor at VHF/UHF than is ERP?

Hi Jim,
As you've pointed out with one example, there are many things that can affect
outcome.  The point of my proposal is that the present way to categorize LP/HP
SingleOps is seriously flawed (examples of the flaws cited earlier).  The
suggestion is to use an ERP-based system rather than a raw RF output based
system.  That's all.

Ev, W2EV

ps...there is another issue that deals with the philisophical flaw of Limiting
MultiOps by number of bands...which is the wrong message to send, especially in
these days when our uWave bands are under attack and the ARRL is spending
significant effort in trying to protect them.

--
PropNET: If the band is open and no one is TXing, does anyone hear it?
HamIM  : Messaging the all-ham way, find Rovers as they go to play.