[VHFcontesting] Creating new categories for rovers

Bill Burgess braillist at sympatico.ca
Sun Dec 14 22:16:32 EST 2003

Hi all,

Here I thought I had friends, but now that I am trying to build the rovering station that has better results, somebody wants to complicate the issue.

When competing with those with more experience, the newbie rover needs all the help he/she can muster including in the antenna system, especially when it is multi-op vs single op.  I note in past contests that many get greater scores by running more bands even if running qrp.
This naturally encourages me to put as many bands as practical in a contest.   Those of us in Canada have little to work to our north whereas others have lots to work in most directions, so we need the punch to reach farther south.

So please don't stomp on me too soon with new restrictions.  It reminds me of my full ex-employer, no names mentioned, that kept adding steps above me to keep people from reaching the top and management.

I hope Santa has visited the major ham outlets before going to your homes this Christmas to load up with your dream items.

Season's Greetings de

Bill

VE3CRU at rac.ca or

Email: braillist at sympatico.ca