[VHFcontesting] Re: Six Meter Contest

Ev Tupis (W2EV) w2ev at arrl.net
Tue Dec 16 06:26:49 EST 2003

Ward Silver wrote:
> What about just adding 6 meters to the 10 Meter Contest as a separate band.
> You could leave the traditional single-band entry completely unchanged.  Add
> a two-band set of categories and...voila...instant major contest without
> occupying another weekend and very little additional expense.
>
> 73, Ward N0AX

This is a v-e-r-y cool idea.  I've always thought that we should have another
band between these, anyway.  The June VHF QSO party gathers HFers because of the
HF-like 6m conditions a vice versa for the 10m contest as the sunspots decline.

This is not unlike the multi-banding of the ARRL's uWave Cumulatives, except
that Kenneth may find a multiop to participate with in South Texas.

Ev, W2EV
--
PropNET: If the band is open and no one is TXing, does anyone hear it?
HamIM  : Messaging the all-ham way, find Rovers as they go to play.