[VHFcontesting] RE: VHFcontesting Digest, Vol 12, Issue 15

Rick R rick1ds at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 16 22:18:46 EST 2003

As for different VHF contests, let me try an accounting, not all inclusive
nor guaranteed accurate:
January-VHFSS-every mode, and every band above 6m
April-May- Spring Sprints, all mode single band contests on ABCD and 903&up
-SVHF sponsored
May-International Microwave contest, 2G & up-distance and power scoring -
SBMS sponsored
June-VHFQSO party-every band, every mode, Field Day VHF bonus stations
July-6m SMIRK  and CQ 6&2m contest
August-UHF Contest; Part I of 10G & up contest (distance scoring)
Sept-VHF QSO party; Part II of 10G & up contest (distance scoring)
Oct- EME Contest Part I all mode, including digital
Sept-Oct Fall Sprints all mode single band contests on ABCD and 903&up -SVHF
sponsored
Nov-EME Contest Part II all mode, including digital
Dec-Meteor Scatter contest (generally high-speed CW)-
First Sat AM and Mon PM of each month: Microwave Activity Day
There is plenty of contesting opportunity for the VHF'er
Rick, K1DS