[VHFcontesting] A Proposal for Limited Multiop Categorization Study

Ev Tupis (W2EV) w2ev at arrl.net
Wed Dec 17 07:27:32 EST 2003

WHEREAS...
Our mantra is "use it or lose it"

The ARRL expends significant resources to the defense of our spectrum
  - See these hyperlinks at http://www.arrl.org:
     Donate to ARRL > ARRL Funds > Defense of Frequencies
     News Bulletins > Band Threats
     News Bulletins > Government Relations
     Support > Other Topics > Memoranda of Understanding

The ARRL has publicly sought ideas as to how to increase log submission for ARRL
sponsored contest events

VHF Contest participants believe that they need to segregate their competition
into categories

The Limited Multioperator category of VHF Contests, by rule, requires that
participants artifically limit their spectrum usage or public reporting of
same

IT IS PROPOSED that the ARRL leadership explore and suggest a participant
category-classification method that is more supportive of the use of assigned
spectrum and the actual reporting of spectrum use in VHF+ contests and operating
events.

'nuf from me on this topic for now.  I've got a bunch of stuff to get together
for the January VHF SS.

Kind regards and a sincere 73,
Ev, W2EV