[VHFcontesting] Re: Q: Power Level Setting on Popular Multimodes

John Hoaglun john at hoaglun.com
Thu Jan 30 16:14:33 EST 2003

The 706MKIIG will also seperate power setting for each band. I have had very
good luck with this radio for the 18+ months that I have owned it.

The power level is displayed on a scale of 1-10. This is a pretty dumb
design, but it works. Before I go out roving I put a meter inline and adjust
the power settings for each band  depending on what I need.

On 28MHz I had the problem that the minimum power level is still too hot for
my transverter. I built an attenuator and put into the the transverter near
the relay so that it doesn't attenuate the recieve audio for the common IF.

I have used the 706MKIIG and a FT100D on rover expeditions. They are both
pretty decent rigs.

73

John Hoaglun - MCSE
KC0LBT - EN35