[VHFcontesting] Tropo_Alert

Bill Seabreeze w3iy at fcc.net
Sat Jul 26 11:08:02 EDT 2003

Although Hepburn doesn't show any excitment...
I am watching this large HP system in the eastern US,
and I think there is a good chance for tropo in the late
evenings and early AM hours.  We were out last nite,
and worked K9HMB with very solid signals on 2m,
and heard K9MRI Q5.  These guys are usually aurora
only for me...This is not normal condx for
me, and I think this large HP wx system has some
good potential for VHF/UHF ops in the eastern USA.
This wx map is similar to last week when W3ZZ worked
record numbers of big tropo DX from FM08jl...>>

listen for the weak ones...
73,
Bill W3IY/R