[VHFcontesting] August 2003 Contest Plans /R

ke3ht ke3ht at lmrgroup.com
Wed Jul 30 13:13:54 EDT 2003

Here are my current plans.

I am going to try for some heavy distance Microwave shots this time out. I
am going to EN91 and EN92 which is not in a rover square with anything else
due to the lake and other problems. So I will double back to do FN11 and
FN01. I will sneek in FN02 on my way out to EN91. I will not activate many
grids this contest. I will spend more time driving than most rovers like to.
Like I said my purpose for this contest is to make some distance shots.

I will take contact from anyone who wants to work me. Since 144.260 is not
in this contest I may just hang out on or near the 222.1 area +/-. If I
don't answer on .1 I will be looking for microwaves from W2SZ, N2PA, K8GP so
try those calling freq's. Most of those operators, at least on 222, don't
mind cross calls if we move off to another freq quickly but please be polite
and give them a contact and ask if you can call me. When I am working one of
the above I typically use their Microwave Laison freq as well so I might be
there. I always keep 222 on the air. The only time its off is when I QSL to
432. I then pop back to 222 as the calling band. Same IF rig for both.

I will GREATLY miss N2JMH/r who said he was out of the rover business. He
will be missed by a lot of us I am sure!

I have a decent station and have already made 289 mile CW contacts on 5ghz.
I am going to try to better in this contest. If you want to see station
details, including Pictures and LOGS you can visit my web site listed below.

My current schedule looks something like this: (local times)
FN02 ?? 2pm Saturday (No west view) N,S,E only
EN91    9pm Saturday (360 view)
EN92    11pm Saturday (To get gooder conditions)
Sunday
FN01    North east end of grid, new spot not sure the view 11am
FN11	  High up 360 view MY favorite site! 1pm

If you looked at a map you would say none of this driving makes sense but it
gets me some unique hill tops with views to SZ and GP.

All times approximate. Driving and sleeping will be a problem as I Still do
not have a co-pilot. Anyone want to marry a grumpy old ham who spends to
much money on geer (gear not beer :-)?

Tim Ertl (KE3HT/r Pennsylvania)
ke3ht at lmrgroup.com
Rover: http://www.lmrgroup.com/ke3ht/rover