[VHFcontesting] More capative rovers

Tree tree at kkn.net
Wed Jul 30 14:10:13 EDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 10:16:58AM -0700, John Geiger wrote:

> Assuming that capative rovers are being used, and are
> a big problem, there is still another problem.  The
> Multi Multi contest group has probably armed the rover
> and ordered them out, with orders to work no one else
> under penalty of death.  However, the way the rules
> are currently written, the rover is breaking the rules
> by adopting operating practices that do not encourage
> working as many stations as possible.  The Multi Multi
> station who started the whole thing, and who is
> benefiting from the rover's captivity is not breaking
> any rule.
>
> Please do not suggest removing unique callsigns from
> logs either, because that opens up a whole other
> mess-as well as being unfair.

I am not asking for anyone to remove uniques.

I don't believe that multi-multi's are ordering rovers to only work
them.  What I do believe is that some rovers end up not working anyone
else for whatever reason.  I just believe multi-multi's should be
proactive in encouraging all of their rovers to "open" up and make
it clear that they do not want rovers showing up only in their own
log.

That is, if we all thinking that is a problem.

Tree