[VHFcontesting] VHF Contest Rules Revisions - Part III

W2fca at cs.com W2fca at cs.com
Fri May 2 21:46:06 EDT 2003

In a message dated 5/2/03 19:03:01 Eastern Daylight Time,
kb1eaa at berkshire.rr.com writes:
> How about we only count the points of operators who send in a log.  This
> way the local manufactured points of guys who never send in logs would not
> count  AND we could easily spot captive rovers.......

 It wouldn't be that hard to find the captive rovers by examining the logs.
The big problem with only counting the points of operators who send in a log
is that there are a number of reasons why somebody may only have a few
contacts. Like the other guy does, I sometimes get into a DX contest and S&P
looking for a new band/country. If somebody calls me, I will answer but my
major purpose is DX. What about somebody in June who is only looking for new
grids in an Es opening?

Frank
W2FCA