[VHFcontesting] A Brief History of (Captive) Roving

Ev Tupis (W2EV) w2ev at arrl.net
Sat May 3 23:27:00 EDT 2003

Dave Wendling wrote:

> >    NOTE: Not to the exclusion of others...but with a special effort to
> >          make sure the multi-op that Elmered them got taken care of.
>
> Hey Ev,
>
> We are not talking about the vast majority of Rovers here.

Then this supports the idea that the "problem" (if there is one) of "captive
rovers" (if they actually exist) is miniscule, and inconsequential to the
overall outcome of an event.  Hardly worthy of legislating against.

Ev

PS...I'd have been torked had a rover next to me refused to work me, too.  That
kind of ungentlemanly response would have at least assured that I stuck around
to call CQ within 10-KHz of their working frequency until they knuckled under.
:))

Of course I'm kidding...right?  hehehehe