[VHFcontesting] Wow! What a sprint!

John Geiger johngeig at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 26 00:30:20 EDT 2003

I wasn't expecting much for the 6 meter sprint-just
figured that I would make a couple of local contacts.
Boy was I wrong.  I saw K0YW spotted a few times, so
figured I would turn on the 6 meter rig.  heard him
on, but not very strong.  Right after that AA7J in
DN30 came pounding in here on .125.  A little while
later I heard VE3CDP/W9 in EM58, so I swung the mini
quad east.  Suddenly the band just burst open with
signals from .125 up past .200.  Maine and Vermont
called me!  I worked a total of 34 QSOs and 25
grids-mainly trying to find RI for state number 50.
Did work ME, NH, and VT in 1 land, and heard CT but
didn't work them.

Did get EN42 for a new grid, and FN10 for a grid I
still need confirmed.  Hope everyone else had as much
fun as I did.  You have to love those surprise
openings on 6!

73s John NE0P  EM04to