[VHFcontesting] TE Systems amp service

ADUHAWK at aol.com ADUHAWK at aol.com
Sat Sep 6 15:26:44 EDT 2003

I received my 11 year old TE Systems 1452G amplifier back from a service
visit yesterday.  I wanted to write something because in the past there have been
some negative comments made about this company and their service turnaround.

Why did it need service?  Pilot error.  In the heat of the June contest,
while deriving 70 mph to the next grid, this two meter amp, designed to be driven
by 25 watts had 100 watts pumped into it repeatedly.  After a while Pat looked
at me and asked it I smelled something burning.

The amp was sent UPS to TE Systems.  It arrived August 26.  It left the shop
August 28 ready to rock and roll once again, putting out 325 watts.

We have these amps for four bands and like the extra suds they give us.

See you next weekend.  73, Tim K0PG