[VHFcontesting] ARRL September VHF QSO Party and The Rover Resource Page

Dan Evans n9rla at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 6 19:32:13 EDT 2003

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay, but I've been having some
computer headaches...Had so
many problems I decided to upgrade from Win98se to XP,
and have spent the
last couple of weeks trying to get everything
configured and working...  I'm
also preparing to change ISP's again as MSN doesn't
allow me to send mail
via POP3, which is a real pain.

BUT!  I am once again collecting contest plans from
anyone who would like to
share them to post on The Rover Resource Page.  The
ARRL September  VHF QSO
Party is next weekend, so send me your plans soon so I
can get them posted. You can find more info at:
http://www.arrl.org/contests/rules/2003/sepvhf.html

It doesn't look like I'm going to get to play this
time out.  The Rover
Ranger is broke down again, and I'm going to be tied
up Sunday, so I'll
likely just spend some time on the air Saturday.

If you haven't seen this before:
As a service to all VHF contesters I gather the plans
of stations planning
to be active and post them on the Rover Resource Page.
 This started out to
help folks plan for Rover operations in their area,
but has become popular
for all categories.
This can be a big help in VHF Contesting because most
people use very
directional antennas. There may be a station 20 miles
away that is on and
you never know it unless your antennas happen to
cross!  If you make notes
[before the contest starts] you can keep track of who
is where, and know
where to look.  This is REALLY helpful with Rovers
that are passing through,
so you will know when to look for them.

  If you plan to be on please send me [
n9rla at yahoo.com ] the call you plan
to use [this sounds obvious, but with multis, rovers,
clubs and such it's
not easy to tell!], the grid or grids you plan to
activate, and any other
station info you care to share.   An email address you
can be reached at to
set up scheduled contacts can also be helpful.  I
won't include your email
address unless you put it in the body of the message
[some folks are touchy
about privacy issues, and such].  Send me your plans
as soon as possible!
Also, if you know of any stations that will be on but
don't use email, send
me their plans so we can spot them as well.

Good luck all,
Dan
Dan Evans K9ZF
Scottsburg, IN 47170