[VHFcontesting] Rover Circling Solution [was: ARRL VHF+ contest proposals: input invited]

Ev Tupis w2ev at arrl.net
Fri Feb 20 22:23:49 EST 2004

Lee Hiers wrote:
>>"Once operation has ceased, the same grid may not be re-activated by the
>>same moving station in the same contest.  Operation in a previous grid
>>is considered 'ceased' as soon as a single contact is made from a new grid."
>>
>>No ambiguity.  Easily understood.  Easily policed.

> Here in the southeast, with no enhanced propagation, I
> might decide that I want to move back and forth from one
> grid to another in less than 4/8/12 hours.
>
> And what if I decide to take the same route both days?

You should consider a different strategy.  This one isn't allowed under
this proposal (and neither is grid circling).

> Both are perfectly legitimate activities.

Legitimacy isn't the issue.  There are many legitimate activities that
the rules prohibit.  In example: a multiop may QSO their own operators
above 2.3GHz, yet qso's below 2.3ghz are certainly as legit...yet they
are prohibited.

Ev, W2EV