[VHFcontesting] 6m Array Switching

Mike Clarson mclarson at rcc.com
Sat Jul 3 19:18:00 EDT 2004

Ev/David: I'll have to check out the AO program. The 2.15 dB is simple
enough--Isotropic vs Dipole, and rightly belongs in an antenna prediction
program. Ground reflection, however, to me, belongs in a propagation
prediction program since it seems to apply equally to all antennas, it must
vary according to local conditions, and, it is just as likely to cancel the
arriving signal as it is to enhance it. Wisely, David cautions the results
due to "Ground Gain". None of this really applies to my actual situation as
I am lucky just to get one antenna in the air!--Mike, WV2ZOW