[VHFcontesting] CQ VHF WW Contest

KI9A at aol.com KI9A at aol.com
Fri Jul 16 09:20:15 EDT 2004

In a message dated 7/16/04 6:44:40 AM Central Daylight Time,
jhayes9424 at charter.net writes:

> . I guess what I'm trying to say is what kind of incentive do
> smaller stations have in working the CQ VHF WW Contest if they can never
> achieve any recognition for their efforts?

Jim,
I have been doing HF contests from a pip-squeak station for over 20 years, &
VHF contesting for about a year.

In my most humble opinion, if you are contesting just to get recognition,
well, that might be the wrong reason to contest.

I contest for fun, not to be recognized.  Yep, it sucks to be 200 miles from
a population center, but, there is nothing you can about that execpt to move,
right?
Or, build a larger station.

What do you propose? A class for guys who live out in the sticks with small
stations? I don't want to sound "mean" here, but, seriously, you are dealt the
hand...I guess you have to play it.

I live about 20 miles from St.Louis. I get less than TEN QSO's from locals!
It's not what its cracked up to be!

73 & CU this weekend,
Chuck KI9A