[VHFcontesting] The Rover Resource Page updated!

Art ky1k at pivot.net
Tue Jun 8 11:34:39 EDT 2004

>I do not find that at all unfortunate.  Radio contests should not be
>about using the telephone or the internet to make contacts.  They should
>be about using the radio to make contacts.

I don't find it unfortunate either, but I'd like to work everyone I can. I
don't mean that I want to exchange info over the phone. And, I don't mean
to start a debate. Of course we use the radio to make the contacts, my
message was meant to make others aware that HF radio and the availability
of inexpensive digital modems for HF radios might provide a means for
coordinating prospective contacts WITHIN the rules set forth by the contest
sanctioning body.

I don't propose to circumvent the rules by finding a covert way to use the
internet or something along those lines. I seek to stay within the rules by
suggesting that an HF 'party line' spotting system might be feasible and
practical these days. Using amateur HF links IS within the rules and there
is nothing wrong with using amateur radio to coordinate contacts on other
bands.

Thanks for your support.

Art