[VHFcontesting] Field Day Band Changes

Ev Tupis w2ev at arrl.net
Thu Jun 24 06:24:01 EDT 2004

The answer to your question is embedded below.  From http://www.arrl.org |
Operating Activities | Contests | Rules | General Rules . . .
1. Precedence of Rules:

1.1. Rules for individual contests or events, including Field Day, take
precedence over all General Rules.

1.2. General Rules for HF and VHF contests take precedence over General Rules
for all contests.

So, to find your answer, you must first know "The General Rules" for all
contests (http://www.arrl.org/contests/announcements/rules-all.html).  These are
the "foundational" rules for all ARRL on-air contests (and contest-like activities).

Next, you must abide by "Field Day" rules (http://www.arrl.org/contests/forms/).

There are many nuances to Field Day that you should know about (and can take
advantage of) as compared to VHF-only contests.

According to the phrasing of the "Prescedence of Rules" above, these are the
only two layers of rules that apply, since Field Day is not considered a contest.

ARRL Representatives are requested to correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,
Ev Tupis, W2EV