[VHFcontesting] Re: For you 432 experts......

David Olean k1whs at worldpath.net
Sun Mar 7 13:25:38 EST 2004

Hello David,
    Please try a real preamp before swapping out the coax for more expensive
stuff. 30 ft of low loss coax will not kill you at 432. (1.5 dB maybe?) If
you are being heard at 5X5, and cannot hear them, you are being killed on
receive. That being said, there are some good deals on heliax cable and you
can't lose using it in your system. I run heliax or similar hardline on all
bands here.
    could you be getting de sense on 432?  I doubt it, but a sharp filter at
432 may make a difference. A strong nearby signal may be limiting your
receive without your knowledge. Try the preamp first, tho.
Dave K1WHS