[VHFcontesting] Re: [Mw] The eXhibition-Games = Combining UHF+uWave Cume's minus CD9E-SBMS contest

Ev Tupis w2ev at arrl.net
Sat Mar 13 10:13:28 EST 2004

> Frank that was my point the contest already exists. Why drop the UHF
> contest? To me fewer contest's and elimination of C,D,9& E = fewer
> participant's in the long and short run.

I think that the ARRL has answered this for us... they want to drop the UHF
contest because it is the most weakly active event of the VHF+ calendar and
their cost/benefit ratio for maintaining it is too high.  Assuming that is true,
and this is a "done deal", then a combined event (with some changes) as they are
suggesting seems like an interesting thing to explore more.

I'm simply suggesting that repackaging it as "the eXhibition Games" keeps the
spirit of the existing 10-GHz + event while adding a certain Field Day-like flavor.

Ev, W2EV