[VHFcontesting] New master file of callsigns available

Ed Parsons esparsons at lucent.com
Fri May 28 13:43:29 EDT 2004

Thanks to the several Hams who sent me their log files, an updated
master.dta
file is available at:
http://www.qsl.net/k1tr/master.htm

Good luck in the contest!

73, Ed K1TR
_____________________________________

 From May 5 mail:
If you use any of the popular contest logging programs (e.g. CT, NA or TR)
you have likely enjoyed the callsign lookup and super-check partial
functions.  These are fed by a database of known good callsigns of Hams
who participate in the VHF/UHF contests.

For the past few years I have been building this database file
(master.dta in
CT for example) and making it available to everyone via a web site.  It
has been a
couple of years since the last good database has been built and I would
like to have
a new updated version available in time for the June '04 VHF QSO Party.

You can help by sending me (e-mail attachments) the Cabrillo or ADIF
files of
your logs of VHF contests for the last 2-3 years.  The quality of the
database is
a strong function of the number and size of logs received, so the more the
better.

My goal is to have it built and posted on my web site
http://www.qsl.net/k1tr/master.htm
no later than June 1.

Thanks for your help!

73, Ed K1TR