[VHFcontesting] LOOPS

JT Croteau jt at w6cfo.net
Fri Oct 8 14:05:10 EDT 2004

Many thanks to all those who replied, both on and off the list, and gave
their input on this subject.  I went ahead and ordered all the necessary
items to build a stack of two 2M loops from m2.  Emails to Norm have
been bouncing all week with "mailbox full" and I can't get him on the
phone so I gave up.

The main grips about m2 loops were the fact that they detune easily when
wet.  Well, here in Los Angeles, it hasn't rained in 8 months so I'm not
too worried about it.

I'll give everyone a report and have pictures once they are mounted on
my pick-em-up truck.  If the 2M m2 loops work as hoped, I will then be
adding an array of 2 or 4 loops for 70cm.

Long term plans are to also rig my sailboat with loops for 2M and 70cm
so I can be sailboat rover (maritime mobile) from rare grid squares like
DM02.

73's

---
  JT Croteau                                             Wilmington, CA
  ARS W6CFO/MM aboard "QuickSilver"                  Los Angeles Harbor