[VHFcontesting] Contest scoring question

Ev Tupis w2ev at arrl.net
Mon Oct 11 09:50:30 EDT 2004

K3uhf at aol.com wrote:

> The grid exchange would be for me k3uhf cn84 c4 in cw or "K3uhf cn84 class 4"
> in ssb. Your exchange would be VE7DXG cn88 Class 3.  When logging the qso you
> would write a distance points of 4 (4 grids away) and multiply that by the
> highest grid square class multiplier (mine which is 4).  Qso points for the qso
> is 16 for both of us. No band modifiers.
>
> There is a 10 grid maximum in case of e-skip.

If I understand this correctly (always a questionable thing for me), the
"Killer" strategy for this rule-set is to operate from Denver, where you are
surrounded by "Class 6 Grids" and get a pack of Rovers to drive through as many
grids as fast as they can.  Add a nice band opening to the coasts on 6m and no
one will be able to touch your score.

Ev, W2EV